Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Review: Mom Made Us Write This Summer PT 1

Hi readers! *Sorry I haven't posted in a month! Been busy with school :(.My apologies for this being so late =( I'm going to stay on top of reviews. Enjoy and comment!

Review: Mom Made Us Write This Summer by Ali Maier 
 Rating : 4.5/5 possible pencils ✏.5
Summary:A sister and brother, forced to write in the summer, and share ONE journal? Ugh.

This is exactly what happens to 10-year-old twins Maggie and Max Pruitt. When Mom comes up with a plan for them to keep a summer journal, Maggie and Max can’t believe it. Worse yet, they have to share! 

Through their writing, Maggie and Max find out they have very different (and hilarious) views about growing up, family and life – a conclusion they only discovered because, as Max and Maggie say, “Mom Made Us Write This.”

Positive, creative and fun for classrooms and families! -Mrs. Jane Jagielo, 4th Grade Teacher

*A big thank you to Goodreads
What I liked : This book was original and adorable. It wasn't stereotypical twin-hate. There were times when they got along. It's so important that we have original characters these days, not just copies. Another thing I liked was that the idea was so original and it actually flowed well in the story. I really liked the idea of a parent actually making an effort for her kids to get along in a really "cool" way.
What I Didn't Like : The turning point where they started to get along more came kind of late in the book. I wasn't seeing much growth in their relationship through the story.

You should definitely read this book. It's uniqueness is what shines through the whole book. It's clean, something you can relate to, and funny!

So thanks again to Kelsey for providing this! Thank you for reading and stay tuned for part 2 with my interview with Ali Maier (I'm so excited!!)!












(By the way, I feel so bad about not posting in a MONTH! That's awful...My sincerest apologies, okay, guys? Thanks <=) )













2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review Mom Made Us Write This In The Summer! We really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU! It was my pleasure reviewing it :) ❤

    ReplyDelete

You will see your comment soon, if I approve it ;)